Fabric Softener/Dryer Sheet Card-Always Grateful

I had a customer ask me to create a project using a dryer sheet like she had seen on Pinterest. In reality she just wanted me to create it and see how hard it was before she tried!

First a look at the card I created and then I will tell you how I did it.




 

After a few attempts I really like this technique. It is simple and creates a dimensional and different look. First, the dryer sheet needs to be dried at least 6 times. The more it has been run through the drier the thinner it gets. Second, I ironed mine in order to get it to lie flatter on the card. Third, I used a spray adhesive to adhere the dryer sheet to the card, which then allowed me to pour glitter on the softener without needing additional adhesive.  

To create the card I stamped in black the trees from the Close to My Heart Always Grateful acrylic stamp set in Black and then the bird in Cranberry. I then sprayed adhesive on the dryer sheet and adhered it to the card. I used my hands to rub the dryer sheet smooth and while it was still wet I used some Martha Stewart glitter on top of the dryer sheet to make the sky shimmery. 

Enjoy this technique and try it yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stella by Stripology Quilt

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

" THE ARTISTE IN 3D BLOG HOP"