April is Use Your Stash Month

Wikipedia defines a hoarder as " is a pattern of behavior that is characterized by the excessive acquisition and inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects..." Unfortunately, those words  describe me with my hobbies. I have so much quilting and scrapbooking supplies that my husband swears I could go at least 10 years without ever spending any money and could still quilt and scrapbook all I desired. I hate to admit that he is probably correct!

So, in order to use some of scrapbooking supplies so that I can justify shopping again, I am hosting 30 days of projects that will use my scrapbooking supplies and justify shopping again!

I hope you will join me to use some of your supplies. I will have prizes as we go along to help replenish your supplies as you use them! All you have to do is in the comment section put a link to your blog, facebook page or on-line photo album of your completed project. You have until May 1st to post your finished projects to be entered into a drawing for a free Close to My Heart paper pack. If you post as you complete your projects there will also be weekly prizes.

Some days the projects will only take a few minutes and some days the projects may take longer. My goal is for all of us to use our stash!

For the 1st day we are starting out easy. We are embellishing/altering/re-creating tags we have purchased in the past.

I purchased a great set of tags from JoAnne's years ago and of course have never used them as the colors did not match when I needed them. So I decided to alter them and make them usable.

Here is how they started out:


And after I was done altering them with paper that I knew I would use in layouts or cards this month here is how they ended up:


The first tag I added Ric-Rack and brads. The second tag is "Twitterpad" from Close to My Heart and their new "Happy Camper" stamp set. The third (bottom) tag used "Winter Wonderland" from CTMH, the Art Philosophy Cartridge and coordinating Snowflakes stamp set. The fourth tag I turned over and used the back side. I added a star that was from a prior swap and then randomly stamped small stars from the "Pair-A-Phrase" stamp set. The final tag I used the Bo Bunny "Blast Off" line.

I promise we will use all of these in projects over the next thirty days! I look forward to seeing all of your fabulous creations.

Comments

  1. Great idea! I might try to muster up one...now if only I can find them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

Stella by Stripology Quilt

" THE ARTISTE IN 3D BLOG HOP"